The computer you are using should have high speed Internet access (i.e. DSL, cable modem, satellite connection)
**Please use GOOGLE CHROME (free download) when working on PLATO**
PLATO Website: https://ple.platoweb.com/
Account Login: AESD
PLATO Name: (your first and last name, no spaces, no caps)
Password: (student ID # in other words, your lunch number)
→NOTE!! Please make sure that all POP-UP Blockers are turned off.←
If there are any issues or if PLATO doesn't seem to be working correctly, please see the bottom of this webpage.
Independent Studies Requirements:
320 minutes per day online (working) with a completion rate of:
Language Arts (1 hour 20 minutes per day) – 1 Completed lesson per week.
Math (1 hour 20 minutes per day) – 5 Completed lessons per week.
Science (1 hour 20 minutes per day) – 1 Completed lesson per week and a half.
History (1 hour 20 minutes per day) – 1 Completed lesson per week and a half
Assignments MUST be completed in order. DO NOT skip around!! If a lesson quiz or test is not passed with an 80%, the student must return to the lesson and add to their notes so the test can be passed. After two failed attempts at passing the quiz or test the test will be permanently locked and the student must message Mr. St. Onge to unlock the test. The student will not move on until the lesson is completed.
- “Completed” means that the green completion circle with check mark and yellow mastery star are both entirely filled.
- End of Unit and End of Semester tests must be completed when the entire unit lessons or semester lessons have been completed.
- Mr. St. Onge will keep track of the hours on task each day and will inform student and/or parent/guardian if the standards are not being met.
Each subject unit will start with a pre-test. Complete the pre-test. After completing the pre-test, if a lesson has a blue star with an “e” in it, then the lesson is exempt and you do not have to complete the lesson. All remaining lessons must be completed in order and the student cannot go to the next lesson until the current lesson has been passed with an 80% or better. Students should take notes in the tutorial that can be used on the test/quiz. If a student fails the lesson test/quiz, they must return to the tutorial and take more notes. If a student fails the test/quiz a second time, the test will be permanently locked and the student will have to message Mr. St. Onge to have the test unlocked.
If an activity or test is locked, please message me using PLATO Message and inform me with as much information as possible (subject, lesson, test, assignment, etc.) and I will unlock the assignment as soon as possible.
As well as completing the 320 minutes of academic work each day, students are required to participate in 40 minutes of physical activity which will go toward their P.E. grade. Students will complete a P.E. Log for each day and will be required to submit that log to Mr. St. Onge each Sunday night. (See below)
Student in Independent Studies will be given a grade in the following subjects:
- Language Arts
- History (Social Studies)
40 minutes per day of daily physical activity (P.E.) with a daily log of activities completed. (See below)
A log will need to be kept daily on notebook paper. It must include; description of the activity, the date, start time, and completion time, and must be 40+ minutes per day. At the end of the week (Sunday) the student will type the log in a PLATO message and send it to the teacher. (Use the message program in PLATO to submit the log)
EXAMPLE OF A P.E. LOG
(This will be typed into PLATO message and sent by Sunday, of each week. At least 40 minutes of activity per day)
8/21/17 – 3:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. – Played basketball in the park with friends (45 mins)
8/22/17 – 2:45 p.m. to 3:25 p.m. – Walked/jogged 2.5 miles around neighborhood (40 mins)
8/23/17 – 3:00 p.m. to 3:40 p.m. – Rode bicycle approximately 5 miles (40 mins)
8/24/17 – 3:30 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. – Played soccer in the park with friends (45 mins)
8/25/17 – 3:15 p.m. to 3:55 p.m. – Push-ups, sit-ups, mountain climbers, jumping jacks in my room (40 mins)
Weekly Meeting at Atwater Senior Academy
Students will be required to meet with Mr. St. Onge for one (1) hour per week at Atwater Senior Academy to turn in and receive assignments and guidance. Mr. St. Onge will let you know when the meeting will be scheduled.
Contact Information: If there are any questions or problems, please use the following:
- ASA Phone # 357-6515 - This number can be used from 7:30 to 2:40 (If no answer, please leave message)
- Use PLATO Message for asking questions or requesting assignments to be unlocked.(PLATO Messaging for P.E. log and assignments on PLATO is located on the home screen after logging into PLATO.)
- Email (just in case PLATO Message is not working): DStOnge@aesd.edu
PROBLEMS WITH PLATO???
If there are any issues when using PLATO® Learning Environment, make sure you are logged into Google Chrome and please follow these steps:
1. Click on the menu button in the upper right corner of the Chrome window:
2. Then select SETTINGS.
3. Next you will scroll down to the bottom of the window and click ADVANCED
4. Next click on CONTENT SETTINGS:
5. Scroll down and make sure that the pop-up blocker is turned OFF (Allow all sites to show pop-ups). It should look like this:
6. Also, make sure that Google Chrome is up to date. Check this at least once a week. In the upper, left corner of the Google Chrome window Click:
6. At the bottom of the drop-down menu click:
7. If Google Chrome is not updated, it will automatically start to update. After the update, you will need to click RELAUNCH and Google Chrome will be finished updating.
8. When Google Chrome is updated it will look like this: